Terms & Conditions
- New students are required to pay a $50.00 one-time registration/enrollment fee(only one per family). Registration fee only charged if student signs up after the trial lesson. The registration fee covers things such as curriculum, a branded binder for each student, software costs associated with setting you up in our online portal, etc…
- After the first lesson, students have 7 DAYS to confirm or cancel future lessons. Once sign-up is confirmed, payment must be made via the online portal BEFORE the second lesson at the pro-rated rate.
3. The regular monthly lesson fee is due before the first lesson of the month. Automatic Payments are $130.00 per month for 30 min weekly lessons and $260 per month for 60 min weekly lessons via debit/credit card through the website (musiclab.co) and are withdrawn on the 1stday of every month. If you would like to opt out of auto-pay, manual payments are $150.00 per month via debit/credit card due to the added cost of manually invoicing and following up on payment with the student and/or parent. Personal checks and money orders are priced as manual payments and must be brought the first lesson of the month (CASH PAYMENTS NOT ACCEPTED).
Note for charter students: If you are a charter student paying via charter vouchers through your school, the monthly fee for lessons is $160 per month for 30 min weekly lessons due to the added admin cost of processing vouchers and payments as required by the charter schools.
- Music Lab must be notified of the student’s inability to attend a lesson at least 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE if a make-up or refund is desired. Without proper notice, a make-up or refund will NOT be granted. A make-up or refund is only guaranteed if scheduled within 1 WEEK of the student’s request – LIMIT 1 MAKE-UP or REFUND PER QUARTER (3 months). To cancel future lessons, the Music Lab must be notified at least 30 DAYS in advance from the 1stof the month.
- Outside of the make-up policy mentioned above, since we have a specific lesson time slot reserved for each student and have a legal obligation to pay the instructor for that reserved slot, payment must be made regardless of attendance. This includes illness, vacations, etc…
- Music Lab will be closed for a week-long break 4 times/year. These weeks will be held Easter week (Spring Break), 4th of July week, Thanksgiving week, and Christmas week. This will still give each student 48 lessons/year due to the 5th lesson/month that occurs 4 times/year.
- Since the instructors are contracted to be paid per scheduled lesson, students are required to attend all scheduled lessons on time. We ask that you please choose a time that you can commit to on a regular basis each week. If the student is 15 minutes late, they will be considered absent and the instructor will not be expected to wait. If a Music Lab instructor misses a lesson and no sub is provided, a refund for the missed lesson will be granted. Music Lab will make every effort to keep a student with the same instructor. However, the student (by signing up) agrees that The Music Lab has the discretion to reassign a student to a different qualified instructor as needed. The student may also request to switch to a different instructor for any reason and The Music Lab will make every effort to accommodate the student’s request.
- By signing up, the student agrees to release, hold harmless, and indemnify The Music Lab from all known and unknown claims arising from or related to instruction by The Music Lab or its instructors, including but not limited to, all claims of negligence whether injury is sustained on or off The Music Lab’s premises.
- I grant permission for the student to participate and appear in video or audio recordings, films, photographs, written articles, websites and social media sites. This consent includes the use and editing of the student’s image, voice and name in media projects by the Music Lab to print, broadcast to Internet media outlets such as newspapers, radio and television stations, and news websites. In consideration of the opportunity for the student to participate, I release the Music Lab including its employees and contractors, from all claims resulting from the use and editing of my the student’s image, voice or name, and the use, sale, editing and release to media outlets. If you DO NOT APPROVE the media release terms please let the Music Lab management or your instructor know and we will make sure that the student is not featured in any of the above mentioned.